Corbett Forest Rest Houses / Forest Lodges
For those people who would like to experience the wilderness of a national park at its best, the option to stay at an FRH inside the park is the best option. When the sound of various animals comes from the dense dark forest, nothing in this world compares with that feeling of joy mixed with fear.
When you pick up your torch to have a look at your surroundings, you can sight lots of eyes glowing in the light of your torch from the outside of the Rest House's electrical fencing. Deers, Wild Boars and sometimes even Tigers can be seen and heard very close to the fencing of the Rest House.
Details of Accommodation at Forest Lodges
Dhikala Forest Lodge
Dhikala Forest LodgeDhikala Forest Lodge has 25 rooms & 2 dormitory with 12 beds in each dormitory. 25 rooms are further divided into 5 categories.
- Old Forest Rest House :- 5 rooms
- New Forest Rest House :- 4 rooms
- Annexe :- 7 rooms
- Hutment :- 6 rooms
- Cabin :- 3 rooms
Gairal Forest Lodge
Gairal Forest LodgeGairal Forest Lodge has 6 rooms & 1 dormitory of 8 beds. 6 rooms are further divided into 2 categories. Old Forest Rest House & New Forest Rest House
- Old Forest Rest House :- 2 rooms
- New Forest Rest House :- 4 rooms
After Dhikala Lodge, Gairal lodge is the most preferred forest lodge amongst visitors. Gairal forest lodge is located on the banks of ramganga river. Gairal forest lodge have electricity for a few hours in the evening via generator.
Sarapduli Forest Lodge
Sarapduli Forest LodgeSarapduli forest lodge has 2 standard rooms & 1 dormitory of 3 beds.
Sarapduli forest lodge is located on the way to Dhikala lodge from Dhangari gate. Most centrally located rest house facing the ramganga river at Dhikala zone is Sarapduli lodge. Due to the proximity to the river in front, movement of tiger & elephant are more at Sarapduli forest lodge. For bird watchers & to see crocodiles, Sarapduli forest lodge is the best place.
Sultan Forest Lodge
Sultan Forest LodgeSultan Forest lodge has 2 standard rooms.
Sultan forest lodge is the first lodge you will come across,when you drive from Dhangari gate to Dhikala Lodge. Sultan Forest lodge has 2 rooms only. Solar fencing is not around Sultan Forest Lodge. It is named after Sultan Sot (local seasonal stream) which flows through this region.
Corbett National Park offers you with the facilities of Jungle Safari. One can look for nature safari, to have bird watching and enjoying the precious nature. You can also have Jeep safari through the jungles of Corbett and if lucky enough can even spot some tigers. If adventurous further or to have some memorable moments, can take up an Elephant safari, really amazing experience.
For Full Detail Click Below Links:
For the convenience of visitors and streamlining tourism management Corbett Tiger Reserve has been divided into six mutually exclusive tourism zones, each having separate gate for entry.
- Day visit to all zones are strictly regulated as per the scientifically calculated carrying capacity and only a limited number of vehicles are permitted entry during each morning and afternoon.
- Permits for day visits to the Sonanadi Ecotourism zone can be obtained from the visitor reception center located at Kotdwar.
- Permits for day visits to other zones are available online on our website.
- Visitors are advised to acquaint themselves with gate timings and arrive well before the designated time to avoid any inconvenience.
- Private vehicles are 'not' allowed entry for tourism purposes into the park and visitors use specially designed vehicles, registered with CTR for this purpose. Day visits to the Dhikala Ecotourism Zone are permitted only through the specially designed Canter buses via Ramganga Conducted Tours.
- Visitors can also enjoy elephant rides at Bijrani and Dhikala ecotourism Zone, which is available on 'First come, first get' basis.
- Canteen facilities are available at Dhikala, Bijrani and Gairal. At other locations, kitchen facilities have been provided.
- PHOTO ID Proofs: ADHAR CARD or DRIVING LICENCE or PASSPORT or PAN CARD or STUDENT ID or VOTER ID : that are Accepted - we require the number only - Scan copy is not required.
- The First Traveller listed on the Booking form has to carry the same ID Proof as submitted for Booking Jeep Safari to visiting Corbett National Park.
- TAll other Travellers also have to carry an ID Proof.
- Charges are NON-REFUNDABLE.
Corbett Accommodation Formalities:
All visitors to Corbett National Park have to obtain permits from the concerned authority. These can be obtained from the park administration centre located at Ramnagar. The 03 days duration permit is issued on the spot without any delay provided photocopies of the identity cards along of the applicants are made available. Foreign nationals have to produce their passport and photocopy for the same to get the permit.
Corbett Forest Lodges Permits would be issued for a maximum of three days only. Permit is not transferable and once the permit is issued it is not refundable. The park authorities shall not be responsible in any way for damages caused.